Monday, October 25, 2010

Track Workout - 10/20/10 - 5.15 miles 57:18

As members of the group are running their races the number of participants at the track gets smaller and smaller.  It was always less popular than the long runs anyway but this particular night it was especially empty.  It was to be an easy workout, two warm-up and two cool-down laps, 3X1200s.  I ran the first two laps with Coach Carol who was the only other member of our pace group there before Eugene showed up.

And then we ran.  And ran, and just kept running.  Completely ignored the cool-down laps or the instructions to take it easy and run 30, definitely no more than 60, seconds faster than LSD pace.  When all was said and done we averaged about 11.07 miles, about thirty seconds faster than the fastest we should have been doing.  But it felt good and I wasn't in any pain or tired so I kept going, finishing the last lap at a 9:54 pace.

I was afraid of pushing and hurting myself but all seemed well after the run. My knee was a little sore so I iced but it recovered quickly.  Things are looking pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment