Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Track Workout - 7/21/10 - 5.38 miles 01:14:13

The speed workout that wasn't, obviously.  I just can't seem to do speedwork right now no matter how hard I try.  I did the first mile in 11:27 and the second in 11:18 and it just went downhill from there.  Though looking back those are some pretty decent miles, the fastest I've run in quite some time!

The Tuesday before the track run I went down to RnJ Sports in Rockville to check out some new shoe suggestions.  I'd been to both of the other running stores in the area so I figured why not make the rounds and hit this one up as well, it's the one most of the running club suggests.  I walked in with a pair of 9.5 Mizuno Inspires and walked out with a pair of Brooks Adrenaline GTS10 in size 10, extra wide.  The guys said that the Inspires were probably a good shoe to correct my pronation but in the wrong size which led to the arch pain.  And the shoes were so cheap there ($80) that I grabbed a Nike running skirt (for half off) as well.  Wednesday's track workout was the first time I wore them.  They felt good, definitely no problem with the ankle and they clearly don't irritate my arch as much though it's still cranky from the Inspires.

The goal for the workout was 3 laps at a fast pace, then one recovery.  I tried the first lap with the 12-12:30 group but they were just going way too fast so I dropped back and again found myself with my one running buddy.  We ran three laps and walked the recovery laps so our mile splits look pretty sad.  While we did the 1.3 mile warm-up around campus we skipped the cool-down again in lieu of walking a lap with our group.  As usual for a track run I did not feel good.  My legs were tired, I was hot, I just wanted to go home.  I really thought I couldn't make it more than a mile around the track, I was just dragging physically and mentally.  Without my running buddy I would have called it quits, good thing she was there to keep me going!

One of our group members often takes photos during runs, I saw him snapping away every time we ran by (not this workout but the week before) and thought maybe he'd finally gotten a good picture of me to prove that I'm even out there.  Nope, just a picture of my butt (I'm not entirely sure why Sarah next to me looks so darn happy):

No comments:

Post a Comment