Sunday, August 29, 2010

Trail Run - 8/29/10 - 14 miles 03:05:53

There isn't much to say about this run, it was simple, easy, and awesome. 

We met at Lake Needwood this time, a relatively small group of runners since many in our program had chosen to run the Annapolis 10 mile race this morning.  I had little desire to get up early to run a race on a hot August morning so Lake Needwood it was.  The route was one I knew well, down to Ken-Gar and back, so even if no one else from my group made it I knew where I was going and had no worries about making the trip.

Turned out there were four of us that stuck together the entire run, the biggest 12:30 pace group we've had since... June?  It was definitely the best group run I've had in months, pretty sure I can say the same for the rest of the group too.  It was uneventful, we just hit the road together and ran.  We stopped for walking drink breaks every 2 miles, at a water fountain or two to fill up and at the bathroom at the mile 7 turn around. 

I knew the route and it's not a particularly easy one, it's a little hilly with two real monsters.  I decided on the way out that I was going to run those two hills if they killed me.  I did, and they didn't.  I charged up The Silencer and the hill back into Lake Needwood with no problems.  I guess they get easier each time you do them so I should probably subject myself to them more often.

So that's it, I guess there's not much to say about a good run!  I finished with Eugene right by my side, Ameenah right behind us and Hengameh not far behind her.  We cheered each other on, we high-fived, and we went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment