Monday, June 21, 2010

Seventh Trail Run - 6/20/10 - 12 miles - 2:45ish?

I was really not feeling up to this run which makes me even more proud for having sweated through it.  Saturday we spent a day out and hit the bar, apparently I had more than my share of giant margaritas  (only 2).  I wasn't feeling bad on Saturday but Sunday morning I woke up tired, dehydrated, and with a stomach that was none too happy with me.  I contemplated bailing on the run but knew there was no way I'd do it myself later in the day so I dragged myself out of bed.

I got to the park 15 minutes early as usual but it was unusually crowded already so I had to park farther away.  Seems a silly thing to complain about having to walk farther to the car when you're about to run 12 miles I guess.  It also meant that the line for the porta potty was about 9 deep by the time I got to it.  I queued up and realized I'd left my Garmin in the car.  I had to choose between waiting for the bathroom and going back for it but really there was no choice to be made.  Bathroom it was! 

I'm not sure what time we eventually hit the trail, we usually head out between 7:05 and 7:10.  I know that I got back at 9:56 and that included a break at Meadowbrook Stables for some fresh ice water and another break to eat popsicles that someone had graciously supplied about 3 miles from the end.  We also had brief water breaks so I estimate about 2:45 worth of actual running time.  I feel like I should be able to do better than that, but given that I started out dehydrated and ran the last 2.5 miles or so all by myself since the group had broken up and it was the longest and hottest run yet I'm just glad that I finished.  And I felt pretty good at the end, a little tired and dizzy but my legs felt pretty good.  Today my legs are sore, which they've never been after any run, maybe a result of the dehydration yesterday?  Good thing today is a rest day!

No comments:

Post a Comment