Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sixth Track Workout - 6/16/10 - 6 miles? - 1:10?

According to the email we received we were scheduled for:
warmup around campus
4X800 with 400 recovery. 3 miles
Start with easy lap finish with an easy lap for additional .5 mile
cool down around campus Total Mileage 6.

Is that what we did?  With the exception of the warm-up and cool-down I really have no idea.  I'd left my Garmin at the office (luckily it was here when I got in this morning) and I stopped counting laps after the first five.  The explanation of the workout itself was confusing since most of us aren't all that familiar with track lingo.  I believe it was 2 laps at a pace 15 seconds faster than usual followed by a recovery lap of marathon pace (repeated four times). 

I ran with the group, with two other girls, with one other girl, on my own, then with the group again.  It was, as is the case these days, another hot sticky day so I just did what I felt I could do.  Probably didn't help that I'd been sick on Tuesday and  hasn't eaten more than a bowl of oatmeal and some crackers.  I finished my laps in between the 12 and 12:30 pace groups so I suppose I did the entire workout as prescribed.  According to my watch, which I couldn't quite figure out how to use properly, total time was around 1:10.

At one point coach Andy came up behind me and told me that I had a good run on Sunday, that I finished strong and looked good at the end.  He doesn't give compliments easily so that was a little bit of a boost and helped me get through the rest of the miserable workout last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment